This paleo-friendly bowl of gingery butternut squash soup makes a delicious winter comforter! The sight of the rising steam, drooling spice fragrance, and intense colour draw in the desire to relish a spoonful of the warm soup.
What Makes This Butternut Squash Soup So Delicious?
This Paleo butternut squash soup is a vegan and dairy-free recipe. Its rich flavour, creamy texture, and inviting aroma are derived from the assorted list of ingredients!
Butternut squash, pears & onion give the soup a naturally sweet taste. Butternut squash and coconut cream add a nutty flavour to it. The nutmeg powder adds in that perfect pinch of spice fragrance which blends beautifully with the ginger and parsley flavours.
The coconut cream along with the blended veggies & fruit creates the soup’s luscious silky texture! On the other hand, the fresh ginger strips add a hint of crunch.
Is This Paleo-Friendly Butternut Squash Soup Healthy?
Speaking of health benefits, this vegan and sugar-free soup is prepared with ingredients that are filled with rewarding nutrients and minerals. Butternut squash, pear, and ginger all aid in improving the body’s digestion.
Butternut squash is also packed with dietary fiber, helps maintain blood pressure levels, and is superb for having glowing skin and healthy hair. The antioxidant-rich nutritious pears are a zero-cholesterol and fat-free fruit.
Furthermore, ginger contains medicinal properties to heal cold & seasonal flu, ease nausea, as well as improve cardiovascular health!
- If you prefer a thinner consistency in your soup, you may use coconut milk instead of coconut cream.
- You can toast the ginger strips in a dry pan for a crispier garnish.
This gingery butternut squash paleo soup needs less than an hour to make and is quite easy! All you have to do is some chopping/dicing, sautéing, simmering, and blending! Therefore, without further ado, let’s begin!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small-sized onion (chopped)
- 1.5 pounds of butternut squash (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 pears (skin removed & diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder (or minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of coconut cream
- Ginger strips for garnish (sliced thinly)
- Salt (optional)
- Place a medium saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the olive oil and add the chopped onions. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the cubed butternut squash and diced pears. Also, sprinkle the ginger powder, nutmeg powder & dried parsley. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, pour 4 cups of water into the saucepan. Cover with a lid, adjust heat to high and let it come to a rolling boil.
- When it starts bubbling, turn down the heat to low and let the veggies & fruit simmer (covered with a lid) along with the spices for 20 minutes. When the butternut squash is fork-tender, turn off the heat and transfer them to a bowl to cool down slightly.
- Finally, put half of the softened veggies & fruit into the blender along with 2 tablespoons of coconut cream. Blend into a smooth creamy texture and take out in a large bowl. Blend the remaining half with 2 tablespoons of coconut cream and pour it into the same bowl.
- To serve, fill a soup bowl with the velvety butternut squash soup, place some thinly sliced ginger strips in the centre and sprinkle a little salt (& crushed black pepper) if preferred.
Slurp away this creamy “Gingery Butternut Squash Soup” while warm! Share it with your loved ones to reap the benefits of a paleo-friendly, healthy, vegan, soothing winter delight.